President Buhari:Protecting Nigerians from COVID-19 is the priority of my government now and Nigerian’s Savage replies
Protecting Nigerians from COVID-19 is the priority of my government now- President Buhari
President Buhari has reiterated the commitment of his administration to the welfare of Nigerians especially with the current happenings around the world.
Speaking while receiving the management of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) in State House, President Buhari said:
“I am pleased that you are working with the Ministry of Health on protecting our citizens from Covid-19 virus. You must work to guarantee the safety and security of our pilgrims. As a government, this is now a key priority for us. I therefore enjoin you to ensure that adequate medical provisions and other welfare requirements are afforded our pilgrims,” he said.
The President expressed his delight with the operations of the Commission so far especially, the reduction to up to 15 per cent in Hajj fares.
“I am pleased to hear of the progress you have made thus far especially in reducing Hajj fares by up to 15 per cent. I am also impressed that you are still working to further bring down the cost next year. This is commendable now especially with the recent global events that have impacted on the economy. Such savings will be timely and most welcome to the pilgrims as well as to Nigeria’s economy,” he said.
“However, as you assess and reduce these costs, you must ensure that quality service and comfort are provided for our pilgrims as these are the core mandates of your Commission and must remain your primary goal,” he said.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Thanks for always supporting me when I needed it ‘ – Bobrisky says as he finally shows off his ‘boyfriend’
- Man arrested for digging up Kobe Bryant and Gigi’s grave
- Actress Monica Friday drags actor Zubby Michael for saying Organizers of AMVCA are “Yorubas” and didn’t recognize the “pillars of Nollywood”
- I lost my beauty complex, house and cars in Abule Ado gas explosion – Actress Nkiru Umeh
- Mary Obikoya, the “Miracle Baby” who 3 women claimed as theirs in 1995, is now a graduate – Abike Dabiri reveals
- Jude Ighalo’s wife, Sonia reverts to her maiden name weeks after shading him over his sister’s death
- Moment police storm packed church to arrest the pastor for conducting service despite government order banning public gatherings (video)
- “You can’t be singing gospel songs and be seductive” Evangelist calls out Mercy Chinwo
- Idris Elba responds following backlash over having wife Sabrina Dhowre by his side while announcing he tested positive for coronavirus
- Porn Star Annie Blonde lied against me – Nigerian man accused of sending N7 instead of N7k after threesome, shares his own side of the story
- “This is a rip off” Ramsey Noah slams store after being told his new TV screen isn’t covered by warranty when he took it back with a crack (video)
- China endorses Avigan / Favipiravir drug for coronavirus trea